Pages

Monday 23 November 2020

Albrighton United Football Club winning the JW Hunt Cup

 

Albrighton United JW.Hunt cup winners 66 /68


The JW Hunt Cup is an annual charity football competition for teams based in the West Midlands area of England.It was started in 1926 and I believe there are pictures of this at Molineux.

Albrighton won the JW Hunt Cup in 1965/66 beating Oxley and 1967/68 beating Northicote Old Boys.
( stats from www.simplesite.com/jwhuntcup 

I’m not sure which year this is from but they have clearly just won the cup and look very happy about it.

My Dad the late Keith Harrison ( Charley) is in the front row far right, next to him is Brian Grateley. I don’t know who the other players are but I would be interested to know if anyone recognises anyone.

My Dad played for Albrighton for many years in the 1960’s having had a trial for Aston Villa in 1956. These are cherished memories of my Dad and my mother played a big part too , she used to wash the kit for the entire football team, I can still remember it hanging on our washing line in the garden.

Photo shows Albrighton United 

with my Dad Keith Harrison ( front row -far right)


No comments:

Post a Comment