Pages

Sunday 25 October 2015

Canon 70 D repair at Jessops


I bought my Canon70d in April 2014 from Camera World in Wells Street London


I recently lent it out to a friend and it came back to me with a fault. The rear touchscreen monitor was displaying some hazy pink noise and then suddenly it completely failed and would not power up.

I had taken over 9000 images with the camera and up until this point I had not experienced any problems at all.
I can thoroughly recommend the 70d as a great camera for both stills and video, the 70d has an excellent auto focusing system which makes it great for fast moving video .


Unfortunately the manufacturers 12 month guarantee has now expired and so I will have to pay for the repair. I took the camera into Jessops in Shrewsbury last week and I have now had the news that the repair is going to cost me £228.00 , apparently a circuit needs to be replaced and then the camera also needs a full service. 

This sounded rather a lot of money but I feel it was worth it as the camera to buy new is still close to £1000. My moto from now on is Don't lend your camera out to no-one.

Jessops have a deal where they charge you £25.00 upfront to send the camera off for assessment of whats needs doing, they then take the £25.00 off the bill when you agree to the repair being done, which seems a fair system to me.

My last piece of advice when buying these expensive item cameras is try to shop somewhere that will give you a two year guarantee like Jessops.

No comments:

Post a Comment