Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Occlusal Trauma and Haddock & Chips


The thought of a trip to the dentist when you know there’s going to be bad news is not something I relish but the pain has been so excruciating that I just want to get in the chair and scream ‘’Get this thing out of my mouth’’.



I sit down in the chair and press my thumbs against my forefingers and squeeze hard.
I’m hoping he can’t read my mind. I know I know, floss in the mornings- floss in the evenings. How many do you smoke sir?
Ooh I gave up last week, just after this tooth started giving me gip. (This is me talking to myself of course.)

Thankfully my dental technician is not one of those finger-wagging flossers. I think we sorted that one out on my last visit. After all who is paying your wages my good dentured friend?


My last memorable extraction was over fifteen years ago and I don’t think I have suffered from having one less tooth in my head but as you get older the thought of losing teeth gets a bit scary. I’m thinking, how will I eat Steak with two teeth missing on the left side of my jaw?


Anyhow the bad news is, one is coming out and the other one can be saved, well at least for a couple of years. I reached that age when it all starts to fall apart. It happens to us all I’m told.
So I have them scraped and polished, it’s actually more painful than having a filling done. My teeth are looking shiny and clean and once again I’m able to walk pavements of Sw4 with my head held high.


I’m sixty quid lighter in the pocket and so I go for some retail therapy at Boots and stock up on all the things you buy when you’ve just had your teeth cleaned and polished.


Two hours later the numbness has faded and I’m thinking of food, but what can I eat?

Fish and Chips sprang to mind so I got myself off to Olleys Chippy just down the road from me and ordered Haddock Chips and Garden Peas.





Very nice it was too and a soothing way to end the day.
If you ever find yourself toothless Fish n Chips is the way forward!










Olleys Fish Experience
65 – 69 Norwood Road
Herne Hill
London
SE24 9AA



No comments:

Post a Comment